I have always admired the female form, the beauty of the curves and bumps that we were blessed with. Don’t get me wrong, a man’s body is interesting with it’s muscles and stuff but it is a woman’s body that can stop traffic or make a man weak in the knees.
Starting out, I wanted to be an all round photographer. Not specialising in anything and being a family, newborn,children,boudoir,couples and wedding photographer. My first boudoir photo-shoot was with my best friend, a gift for her husband. I did not know what I was getting myself into but I managed to pull it off. I was hooked! Boudoir was a calling I needed to answer.
The ladies I have photographed are each unique, each of them a beauty in her own right. I have not once had a client who I thought would not be a beautiful model for boudoir. I have photographed size 8 clients, size 10 clients, big breasted, small breasted, size 18 – 20 clients – I don’t have a preference as beauty does not discriminate.
I do have to let you in on a secret though…. I don’t like my body either, I have cellulite, I don’t like my breasts, my tummy wobbles and when I am not careful I have a double chin. Yes…. all these things kept me back from doing a boudoir shoot myself. Until my wedding day was fast approaching….
How can I tell my client’s to relax in a pretzel pose if I haven’t posed in it myself? Well, I got my camera out. Did all the settings and handed the camera to my mom. I told her where to stand and taught her how to focus with my camera.
I posed myself and by trial and error I facilitated my own boudoir shoot…. this is me…..
It really helps to push your tush out to the roof! I learnt how uncomfortable this pose actually is but my oh my was it worth the pain!
Also, I felt the most comfortable in a body suite like this one, and I chose blue to change things up a bit. You DON’T have to stick to white and black lingerie.
I have learnt so much just from the doing the shoot myself!
Here are some tips for my future boudoir client’s:
- I will pose you in the most flattering positions but if you want to feel comfortable purchase outfits that cover your tummy and even help with pulling those little bits in
- Bring some T shirts and Jersey’s with to the shoot, I can still make you look sexy without showing everything
- I do some minor editing and skin softening but I will remove any stretchmarks (at your request) should you not be happy with them being on the photos
- Push Up Bras!!!! They are my saving grace. I also give you a few tips on the day on how to maximize your gorgeous bumps
- I do not take any ‘topless’ photos without your consent or your request. The level of nudity is completely up to you
- Body suites and corsets are also amazing for smaller breasted ladies (if it your concern)
- I also help you pose so that we what you have already been blessed with.
Worried about Cellulite?
- What cellulite? My camera doesn’t see cellulite! Really, it doesn’t even capture it! Smart light and smart angles take care of that!
- Should any cellulite surface (highly unlikely) I have a Photoshop programme to zap it!
- Wrinkles are part of who you are, while I do soften wrinkles I won’t remove them as they show your life. Your moments are reflected in those life lines. Your smiles, your joys, your worries.
- If they bother you terribly you can arrange a special edit with me and I can reduce them
Worried about the world seeing your photos?
- I do not publish ANYTHING without your permission. Your photos will not be on any online platform, unless you allow me to. I would really love it if you allow me to publish your photos though.
If you have ever wanted a boudoir shoot, but you were too afraid, I hope this has helped you feel a bit better. If you are still worried, meet me for coffee so we can connect, if you don’t click with me and don’t want the shoot at least you got a yummy cup of coffee out of the meeting.
Lots of love